If you’re a marketing industry veteran, you’re probably familiar with the 4 Ps of marketing. You know that creating a high-quality marketing campaign takes strategy and development from the foundational level.
However, for new jewelry businesses growing brand awareness, creating a strong marketing strategy can seem like a challenge.
Whether you’re a marketing veteran seeking to revise your current strategy or a new business learning about the marketing mix to create a marketing plan, our team is here to help. Our overview of the marketing mix will help you reach your target market and enjoy the success your jewelry business deserves.
The Marketing Mix: 4 Ps of Jewelry Business Marketing
The 4P’s, otherwise known as the marketing mix, are the foundation of many successful jewelry business marketing strategies. Understanding these concepts can help you elevate your brand and reach your target audience more effectively, contributing to your company’s success.
To successfully apply the 4 P’s of marketing to your company strategy, it’s ideal to have a robust understanding of the four Ps.
Leading the marketing mix concept is the first of the 4 Ps of marketing: product. Your product offering might seem obvious at first, but this term might encompass more than you think.
The term product actually refers to any physical products or services that meet the needs of potential buyers. A product can be a tangible good, like an object, or something intangible like a service or information.
One of the key elements of any successful jewelry business strategy for marketing in the digital age is a full understanding of:
- what the product is
- what it delivers to customers
- what sets it apart from similar goods and services
To guide your understanding of your product as one of the 4 Ps, ask yourself these questions:
- For what purpose do our customers buy our products?
- Do our products satisfy that purpose?
- If another jewelry company offers our product, which features or qualities are unique about our product?
- Which features or qualities of our product could improve to satisfy our customer base better?
- Do we design our products in line with our brand?
Next in the chain of 4 P’s in the marketing mix is price. This is the cost that your customers pay for your product or service, and finding the right price is critical for jewelry business marketing success.
Many factors play into price determination. You must consider and weigh the monetary value, perceived value, and production costs of the product or service against any profit goals.
It’s a good idea to price-compare your product against similar products in the market to ensure that you have competitively priced your product or service.
Some questions you can ask to guide your marketing price are:
- How valuable is our product or service from the customer’s perspective?
- Are the price of our product and the results of our product well-balanced? Simply put, is our product cost-effective?
- Is our product priced higher than similar products?
- How attractive will our price be if our marketers include it in a promotion?
Speaking of marketing promotions, next up in the marketing list is place. While this might seem straightforward, place as a part of the marketing mix refers to far more than just the physical location of your company or its products.
For jewelry business marketers to successfully advertise or sell a company’s products, they need to know the demographics (and geographics) of where your company will sell those products.
A strong marketing understanding can help determine the best distribution channels for your product. For example, if your target audience is retirees, social media marketing will require more finesse. Platforms such as Instagram or Twitter might not generate the customer traffic you want.
When considering the right place to market a product, it helps to ask:
- Where is our target customer group shopping?
- Are those locations online? Are they physical stores?
- Does our target customer group typically use desktop or mobile devices?
It’s important to remember that while most transactions with your company may occur in one location, your customers may interact with your jewelry business or sales promotions in various places. Look for the physical evidence.
Therefore, being familiar with the locations and promotional activities that your customers love can help you improve the way your customers experience and interact with your company.
Last up in the four Ps of marketing is promotion. Promotion of a product refers to when marketers advertise that product using marketing communications.
Successful promotion of your product requires a comprehensive understanding of the key marketing mix factors as well as working knowledge of marketing subgenres, such as email marketing.
Combining the public relations image of a brand with a company’s ideal customer base needs, marketers create targeted marketing messages that will generate the traffic a company needs.
When designing a successful advertising campaign, it helps to ask yourself:
- How will we market our product to our target consumer group?
- Where does our product stand in its class?
- When is the best time to market our product?
- How do our jewelry business competitors market their products?
Using the 4 P’s to create effective jewelry business marketing strategies
Successfully marketing is the fastest route to brand success. The 4 Ps marketing mix can guide you as you market any product or service. As an overview, the key factors are:
- Fully understand your product, its features, and what it provides to people who buy it.
- Know both the real and perceived value of your product, as well as how competitors price similar products.
- Know your product’s place. Where do you sell your product? Where do you advertise it?
- Combine your knowledge from questions 1-3 to design a promotional strategy that truly fits.
- Test, revise, and review your current marketing strategy. Be open to improvement and change as your customer base and distribution methods require it.
When You Need Help with Creating a Successful Jewelry Business Marketing Strategy, Call Us!
Successful jewelry business marketing is complex, but it doesn’t have to be a hassle. While many small jewelry businesses turn to marketing automation software, depending on a marketing automation tool is not the same as consulting with a human marketing expert who can help you craft the most relevant strategies for your particular needs.
We have the experience and knowledge to help guide you as you grow your brand. So please reach out to us today to ask about our comprehensive marketing services. Also, be sure to look at our other blog posts for information that might help you market your product and experience the success you and your jewelry company deserve.
Schedule a Strategy Session Today
Guy has been building websites and helping companies online for over 15 years. He has worked in the jewelry industry for close to 30 years now. As the CEO of Jewelry Store Marketers, Guy leads the company to provide excellent services in website design and development, search engine optimization and more.